Danielle Kubes, Special to Financial Post
The TFSA is new enough that Canadians haven’t had time to experience …
Macdonald, Shymko & Company Ltd.’s (MSC’s) key relationships are instrumental in our clients’ success. We share these links with you for your information; we receive no compensation or other consideration for doing so.
- Institute of Advanced Financial Planners (IAFP)
- Portfolio Management Association of Canada (PMAC)
- National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA)
- Society of Estate and Trust Practitioners (STEP)
- Financial Planning Standards Council (FPSC)
FinaMetrica Pty Limited:
Given our focus on establishing a structured investment approach, and ensuring we have a complete understanding of our clients, we have subscribed to the services of FinaMetrica (www.riskprofiling.com), which is a scientifically based Risk Tolerance Assessment tool. The FinaMetrica system is made up of three parts:
- a psychometric test of personal financial risk tolerance,
- a method for taking the results of the test into account in the financial planning process, and
- educational materials designed to personalize the explanation of investment risk and return to help investors better understand how their investments might perform in the future.
MSC also has negotiated Agency relationships with financial institutions for GIC purchases. Since MSC does not accept commissions, many institutions have agreed to add MSC’s declined commission to the already enhanced Agent interest rates offered to MSC clients. Accordingly, clients may receive hundreds of additional dollars in interest over the term of a GIC purchase, and thousands over the course of our relationship.
MSC remains vigilant for real estate and tax efficient investment opportunities that may benefit our clients. MSC clients also enjoy direct access to real estate investment opportunities and money managers/investment counsel firms (negotiated management fees).