Danielle Kubes, Special to Financial Post
The TFSA is new enough that Canadians haven’t had time to experience …
Vancouver Financial Planners and Portfolio Managers
Doug Macdonald and David Shymko established the Vancouver office of Macdonald, Shymko and Company Ltd. (MSC) in 1972 with the purpose of providing unbiased Fee Only financial advice. They continue the tradition today, offering a unique record amongst financial advisory firms of continuous service by its principals. MSC’s collective team experience represents approximately 300 years, and the firm is committed to a succession plan in order to provide its clients with a lifetime of continuous, salient advice.
Our core values and beliefs are summarized as follows:
- We are committed to building long-term relationships with our clients based on mutual respect and trust.
- We use a comprehensive approach to planning: reviewing a client’s entire personal and financial picture.
- People need and benefit from long-term, stable advisory relationships.
- We better understand our clients, their needs and expectations through open communication and listening.
- People have a higher probability of achieving the goals and lifestyle they desire with a customized financial plan.
- We provide proactive, not reactive, advice.
- Our team-based approach uses the depth of expertise available in-house and with our professional contacts.
- A limited client base allows us to provide timely, specialized services.
- Our focus on Asset Allocation and long-term investment performance allows clients to achieve their goals.
- Our Fee Only model facilitates objective and independent advice.
- Our ongoing commitment to education allows us to provide current and informed advice.
We invite you to explore our firm’s history and related information in determining whether MSC would be an appropriate partner in helping you to achieve your financial goals.